Moves & Grooves is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth to create for themselves and to discover, learn, and, grow through the Arts. As a growing organization since 2002, Moves & Grooves is a testament to young people that using your talents to inspire others is one of the most powerful things that you can do in life and using your gifts to serve others can be most rewarding. In years to come, Moves & Grooves will continue to fulfill its mission to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Mission is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Vision is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts and innovation for youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area.
OUR FUTURE HOME
The Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts 12,000 square foot space includes
Multi-purpose classrooms for academics, visual arts, photography, music recording, video production & graphic design. The space boasts an independent study lounge, college/career center, computer lab, cafeteria, office space, dance studios, retail store, performance auditorium and STEM Lab.
As an added safety feature, the entire 12,000 Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts duals as a storm shelter. Providing emergency safety from tornadoes, storms, and natural disasters for children and families within a one mile radius. Help us make this vision a reality. Build a legacy with us! Coming 2023…
To support Moves and Grooves in our mission for arts education and health, you may get involved in 3 ways….
OUR ADMIN STAFF
DR. EMERALD MITCHELL
Founder/ Executive Director
LORI LLOYD BELTON, PHR
HR Business Director
ASHLEY McEWEN BROADNAX
OUR SITE STAFF
Britney Taylor - Program Assistant
Latashia Anderson - Margaret Allen Middle School
Robert Ball - Apollo Middle School
Tiana Howe - John F. Kennedy Middle School
Daynah Charlow - John F. Kennedy Middle School
Jacqueline Owens - Margaret Allen Middle School
McKay Bennett - Antioch High School
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President – Jim Robert, Nonprofit Executive (Retired)
- Vice President – Chase Manning, Dowdle Construction
- Secretary – Allison Janeway, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Treasurer – Herman Hicks, First Tennessee Bank
- Member – Dr. Maya Bugg, TN Charter School
- Member – Jennifer Haile-Ojwang, UBS
- Member – Carla Hawkins Burton, Ingram Industries
- Member – Nina Kumar, Ardent Health Services
- Member – Roberta Parker, HCA
- Member – Amy Blomme, Global Partnership for Education
- Member – Chloe Cooke, Price Waterhouse Cooper
- Member – Charlandra Watson, Schneider Electric
- Member – Lindsey Paola, Nashville Soccer Club
- Member – Shane Stevens, Nashville Soccer Club
- Member – Sarah Stewart, K&L Gates
- Non-Voting Member – Dr. Emerald Mitchell, Founder/Executive Director of Moves & Grooves, Inc.
Schedule A Visit
Moves and Grooves, Inc. is excited to welcome new friends and visitors to our organization. Please contact our office so that we may schedule a tour for you to meet our amazing students and staff and experience the Moves & Grooves program for yourself.