Moves & Grooves is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth to create for themselves and to discover, learn, and, grow through the Arts. As a growing organization since 2002, Moves & Grooves is a testament to young people that using your talents to inspire others is one of the most powerful things that you can do in life and using your gifts to serve others can be most rewarding. In years to come, Moves & Grooves will continue to fulfill its mission to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Mission is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Vision is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts and innovation for youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area.
OUR FUTURE HOME
The Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts 12,000 square foot space includes
Multi-purpose classrooms for academics, visual arts, photography, music recording, video production & graphic design. The space boasts an independent study lounge, college/career center, computer lab, cafeteria, office space, dance studios, retail store, performance auditorium and STEM Lab.
As an added safety feature, the entire 12,000 Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts duals as a storm shelter. Providing emergency safety from tornadoes, storms, and natural disasters for children and families within a one mile radius. Help us make this vision a reality. Build a legacy with us! Coming 2023…
To support Moves and Grooves in our mission for arts education and health, you may get involved in 3 ways….
To support Moves & Grooves and our mission for arts, education & health, you may GIVE IN 6 WAYS…
By Mail:Moves & Grooves 2275 Murfreesboro Pike Suite #101 Nashville ,TN 37217
Online:Give a donation through our link at www.movesandgrooves.org
Employee Giving:See your company HR or payroll department to set-up automatic payroll deduction.
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville:Donate directly to us through our United Way Agency Designation Code 4444.
Volunteer & Share: Serve as a tutor, attend our annual Art Splash Gala, mentor a young lady or assist our staff during our annual community and Metro Nashville Public school events.
Purchase a student-designed MAGIC Clothing t-shirt handmade by a high school student in the Moves & Grooves program. Proceeds support youth employment and youth arts education initiatives. Visit www.themagicapparel.com
- Don’t forget to share your amazing experience through email or social media to spread the word about the impact Moves & Grooves is making in the lives of at-risk youth in Middle Tennessee. Here are a few activities where YOU can get Involved.
Join the HIGH FIVE Legacy Movement. By joining the High Five Legacy movement you are investing in the future of our children. Your gift $5, $50, or $500+ on a monthly basis will help Moves & Grooves provide access to critical youth arts education and a permanent home for our creative students for years to come.
In return, you will receive exclusive access to special events, performances and regular correspondence from a Moves & Grooves student who has been impacted your generosity.
meet OUR ADMIN STAFF
DR. EMERALD MITCHELL
Founder/ Executive Director
LORI LLOYD BELTON, PHR
Assistant Director of Programming/
Past Program Director
OUR SITE STAFF
Britney Taylor – Program Assistant
Latashia Anderson – Margaret Allen Middle School
Robert Ball – Apollo Middle School
Tiana Howe – John F. Kennedy Middle School
Daynah Charlow – John F. Kennedy Middle School
Jacqueline Owens – Margaret Allen Middle School
McKay Bennett – Antioch High School
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President – Jim Robert, Nonprofit Executive (Retired)
- Vice President – Chase Manning, Dowdle Construction
- Secretary – Allison Janeway, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Treasurer – Herman Hicks, First Tennessee Bank
- Member – Dr. Maya Bugg, TN Charter School
- Member – Jennifer Haile-Ojwang, UBS
- Member – Carla Hawkins Burton, Ingram Industries
- Member – Nina Kumar, Ardent Health Services
- Member – Roberta Parker, HCA
- Member – Amy Blomme, Global Partnership for Education
- Member – Chloe Cooke, Price Waterhouse Cooper
- Member – Charlandra Watson, Schneider Electric
- Member – Lindsey Paola, Nashville Soccer Club
- Member – Shane Stevens, Nashville Soccer Club
- Member – Sarah Stewart, K&L Gates
- Non-Voting Member – Dr. Emerald Mitchell, Founder/Executive Director of Moves & Grooves, Inc.
Schedule A Visit
Moves and Grooves, Inc. is excited to welcome new friends and visitors to our organization. Please contact our office so that we may schedule a tour for you to meet our amazing students and staff and experience the Moves & Grooves program for yourself.