Moves & Grooves is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth to create for themselves, discover, learn, and grow through the arts. As Moves & Grooves celebrates over 18 years of service, it is a testament to young people that using your talents to inspire others is one of the most powerful things that you can do in life, and using your gifts to serve others can be most rewarding. In 2020 and beyond, Moves & Grooves will continue to fulfill its mission to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Mission is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Vision is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts and innovation for youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area.
OUR FUTURE HOME
The Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts 12,000 square foot space includes
Multi-purpose classrooms for academics, visual arts, photography, music recording, video production & graphic design. The space boasts an independent study lounge, college/career center, computer lab, cafeteria, office space, dance studios, retail store, performance auditorium and STEM Lab.
As an added safety feature, the entire 12,000 Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts duals as a storm shelter. Providing emergency safety from tornadoes, storms, and natural disasters for children and families within a one mile radius. Help us make this vision a reality. Build a legacy with us! Coming 2023…
To support Moves and Grooves in our mission for arts education and health, you may get involved in 3 ways….
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President – Jim Robert, Nonprofit Executive (Retired)
- Vice President – Chase Manning, Dowdle Construction
- Secretary – Allison Dowdle, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Treasurer – Herman Hicks, First Tennessee Bank
- Member – Dr. Carmen April, The Foot & Ankle Healthcare Center
- Member – Dr. Maya Bugg, TN Charter School
- Member – Jennifer Haile-Ojwang, UBS
- Member – Carla Hawkins Burton, Ingram Industries
- Member – Arthur Kirkby, Artist
- Member – Nina Kumar, Ardent Health Services
- Member – Roberta Parker, HCA
- Member – Arrin Richards, Neal & Harwell, PLC
- Member – Amy Blomme, UNICEF
- Member – June Patterson
- Non-Voting Member – Dr. Emerald Mitchell, Executive Director of Moves & Grooves, Inc.
Schedule A Visit
Moves and Grooves, Inc. is excited to welcome new friends and visitors to our organization. Please contact our office so that we may schedule a tour for you to meet our amazing students and staff and experience the Moves & Grooves program for yourself.