Moves & Grooves is a non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth to create for themselves, discover, learn and grow through the arts. As Moves & Grooves celebrates over 18 years of service, it is a testament to young people that using your talents to inspire others is one of the most powerful things that you can do in life and using your gifts to serve others can be most rewarding. In 2020 and beyond, Moves & Grooves will continue to fulfill its mission to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Mission is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Vision is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts and innovation for youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area.
OUR FUTURE HOME
The Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts 12,000 square foot space includes
Multi-purpose classrooms for academics, visual arts, photography, music recording, video production & graphic design. The space boasts an independent study lounge, college/career center, computer lab, cafeteria, office space, dance studios, retail store, performance auditorium and STEM Lab.
As an added safety feature, the entire 12,000 Moves & Grooves Center for the Arts duals as a storm shelter. Providing emergency safety from tornadoes, storms and natural disasters for children and families within a 1 mile radius. Help us make this vision a reality. Build a legacy with us! Coming 2023…
To support Moves and Grooves in our mission for arts education and health you make it involved in 3 ways….
Dr. Emerald Mitchell
Founder & Executive Director
Lori Lloyd-Belton, PHR
HR Business Director
Rachel M. Murar
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President – Debra Edwards, Realtracs Realty
- Secretary – Allison Dowdle, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- Treasurer – Jim Robert, Nonprofit Executive, Retired
- Member – Dr. Carmen April, The Foot & Ankle Healthcare Center
- Member – Dr. Maya Bugg, TN Charter School
- Member – Jennifer Haile, UBS
- Member – Carla Hawkins, Ingram Industries
- Member – Sonya Johnson, United Way of Williamson County
- Member – Arthur Kirkby, Artist
- Member – Nina Kumar, Ardent Health Services
- Member – Chase Manning, Dowdell Construction
- Member – Roberta Parker, HCA
- Member – Arrin Richards, Neal & Harwell, PLC
- Member – Herman Hicks, First Tenn Bank
- Member – Adelee Traylor, Butler Snow Law Firm
- Member – Amy Blomme, UNICEF
- Non-Voting Member – Dr. Emerald Mitchell, Executive Director of Moves & Grooves, Inc.
Schedule A Visit
Moves and Grooves Inc is excited to welcome new friends visitors to our organization. Please contact our office so that we may schedule a tour for you to meet our amazing students, staff and experience the Moves & Grooves program for yourself.